I have been working out a lot more recently as part of my Good Habits Challenge and 2013 fitness goals. I usually follow along to a work-out video or follow the instructions on an app, but some days i’m really just not feeling it at all. On those days i make my way to the treadmill. It is one of the most boring exercise machines, but sometimes that is exactly what i need. It frees my mind to contemplate life . On one side of my treadmill there is a cup-holder and on the other side there is a bigger oddly shaped compartment that i never figured out what it was supposed to accommodate. I never discovered its real purpose, but i found something that fits perfectly. My new ipad mini fits the mysterious compartment so well you would think it was made for it – it wasn’t, the treadmill is years old. I like to watch movies while i’m walking on the treadmill. Most of the shows i watch i mentioned in my top tv shows post plus a few more recent ones. TV shows are a great distraction, by the end of the episode i enjoyed some tv and had a workout.
Some health and fitness resources that i found useful in the past. I’ll update the list as i try new ones.
- Blogilates (Youtube channel) great short workouts.
- Wholeliving (Great recipes, i’ll try incorporate more of them in my diet)
Tracking calories and workouts:
- SparkPeople (Used on and off for years, i do pretty well as long as i keep checking in and entering my data)
- MyFitnessPal (I know its similar to SparkPeople, highly recommended to me. I might sign up see and check it out)
- Nike Training (My favourite workout app, ever!)
- Lost it